Dra. Eugenia J. Aldeco P. got her BSc in Chemistry and PhD in Chemistry at the Faculty of Chemistry, UNAM. She did several research stays during the PhD at the Université Pierre et Marie Curie in Paris, France. Her postdoctoral held in the Chemistry Department at CINVESTAV Zacatenco, as well as at the University of California, Riverside United States.
Today she is part of the Institute of Chemistry - UNAM, participating as a full-time Research Associate "C" at the Joint Center for Research in Green Chemistry in Toluca, Mexico State.
Compounds derived from N-heterocyclic "abnormal" carbons and its application in catalysis. Optimization of organic processes by microwave radiation.
AWARDS AND HONORS
National Research System Candidate. Alfonso Caso Medal 2006.
- Selective functionalizations of 2-phenylpyridine: lactones upon organic versus organometallic activations Eugenia Aldeco-Pérez, Yiming Xu, Henri Rudler, Andrée Parlier, Cecilio Alvarez.. Tetrahedron Letters, 47, 4553, 2006.
- A simple synthesis of cytotoxic endoperoxide lactones. Eugenia Aldeco-Pérez, Henri Rudler, Andrée Parlier, Cecilio Alvarez, Patrick Herson.
Tetrahedron Letters, 47, 9053, 2006.
- Reaction of arylhydrazines with an ?-alkynyl carbonylic compound: an unexpected hydration reaction. Eugenia Aldeco-Pérez, Cecilio Alvarez-Toledano, Alfredo Toscano, José Guadalupe García-Estrada, José Guillermo Penieres-Carrillo. Tetrahedron Letters, 49, 2942, 2008.
- Gamma-Lactones upon double nucleophilic additions of bis(tms)ketene acetals to ?-systems and access to new-towards cancer cells cytotoxic endoperoxide lactones. Eugenia Aldeco-Pérez, Henri Rudler, Andreé Parlier, Cecilio Alvarez.,Journal of Mexican Chemical Society., 52(2), 145. 2008
- Isolation of a C5-Deprotonated Imidazolium, a Crystalline “Abnormal” N-Heterocyclic Carbene. Eugenia Aldeco-Perez, Amos J. Rosenthal, Bruno Donnadieu, Pattiyil Parameswaran, Gernot Frenking, Guy Bertrand.Science, 326, 556, 2009.